Pediatric Product Enhancements
NEW PRODUCT DOSING DEVICE ENHANCEMENTS FOR INFANTS’ AND CHILDREN’S TYLENOL®
April 14, 2011
Dear Healthcare Professional:
I am pleased to inform you that McNeil Consumer Healthcare will be introducing dosing device enhancements on Infants’ and Children’s TYLENOL® products that will be available this upcoming cold and flu season. These enhancements are intended to help reduce the incidence and magnitude of accidental acetaminophen exposures in cases of unsupervised ingestions. McNeil has also shared these plans with other manufacturers of pediatric acetaminophen products.
- Increase dosing accuracy through use of the new, product-specific dosing syringe
- Provide caregivers with better control when dispensing the medication, reduce spillage and increase the ease of administration to infants
- Further reduce the risk of children being able to get to the medicine in the bottle
Children’s TYLENOL® will feature a new, enhanced bottle with a protective flow restrictor opening designed to be used with a dosing cup.
Children’s TYLENOL® Oral Suspension is currently available in retail stores. Infants’ TYLENOL® is expected to return to retail shelves this upcoming cold and flu season. At that time, both Infants’ and Children’s TYLENOL® products will include the dosing device enhancements outlined above.
- Always read and follow the labeled instructions
- Give no more than the recommended dose
- Know the active ingredient(s)
- Never give two medicines containing the same active ingredient(s) at the same time
- Never give adult medicines to children
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children
If you have any questions, please call our Healthcare Professional line at 1-866-948-6883, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm EDT. We greatly appreciate your continued support.